[support] Good way to create CCK-based tabs for node view

Andy Fowlston andy at pedalo.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 14:48:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm working on an estate agent-esque website in D6. Each property page has a number of tabs (Overview, Design features, Floor plans, etc.). Most of the fields only show up under one tab, but there are some repetitions (eg. 'sale price' is shown on Pricing and Who can apply). I'm not sure how to implement the tabs, and would love to hear any feedback on the following ideas (or a better idea entirely is also good:). I'd like to end up with a solution that allows non-coders to be able to do simple field changes (eg. now this field is shown under the Design tab). I've not used the modules below, so any warnings/recommendations would also be well received :)

1. Use CCK Fieldgroup Tabs[1], add some AJAX handling, and do something nasty for the occasional field that comes under two tabs (any ideas here? All I can think of is using computed_field to create a duplicate, which is icky).

2. Use display suite[2] to create a custom build mode for each tab. This seems to be a nice way to add/remove fields from the tabs: can anyone see an issue with this? Would there be performance implications that you know of?

3. Create a simple module that just presents you with a matrix of fields and tabs, lets you select which should be shown where, and ensures it all displays ok.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

[1] http://drupal.org/project/cck_fieldgroup_tabs
[2] http://drupal.org/project/ds

Andy Fowlston
+44 (0)20 8747 5068
andy at pedalo.co.uk
Skype: andy.pedalo
www.pedalo.co.uk

This email is intended only for the above named addressee/s. This email may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named addressee, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the email or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to this message and delete it from your system. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email.

pedalo limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments and recommends that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and not necessarily those of Pedalo Limited