[support] New To Drupal

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed Jun 15 00:07:20 UTC 2011

On Monday, June 13, 2011 01:23:18 AM chetan patil wrote:
> I did see.
>
> But haven't got localhost installation.
>
> Will check again.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Vinay Yadav <vinay at vinayras.com> wrote:
> > Did you try to read the INSTALL.txt that comes with tar/zip file?
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM, chetan patil <chtpatil at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >>
> >> I want to use Drupal 7
> >>
> >> First thing i want to do is to install/configure it on my Fedora Linux
> >> laptop.

type "yum list drupal*" and see if you can get it from a repository. If you
you can (as root) yum install drupal7. You should still read the install text
and you will still need to configure but it will simplify the first part. It
is available in F14.

Dave

> >> Can someone share steps for doing that.
> >>
> >> I got this link: http://drupal.org/node/327731
> >>
> >> But it  seems to be out dated.
> >>
> >> Waiting for reply
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >> --
> >> [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]
> >
> > --
> > Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
> >
> > VinayRas Infotech
> > Web Application Development
> > http://www.vinayras.com
> >
> > http://www.nagpurpulse.com - The Pulse of Nagpur
> > http://www.simplyfreshers.com
> > Walkins, Jobs, Placement Papers, Companies, Forums, and much more
> >
> > --

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Douglas Adams in one of the Hitchiker novels...