[support] Fatal error: Allowed memory size

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 30 22:45:50 UTC 2011

All of that is true. However, if you ever tried less than 96M in D6 with Image or Imagecache (I can't remember which) you would get an error about not having enough memory to process images. I would assume that the same requirement exists with D7. I found that I was very comfortable at 128M. If that is a problem with the server (such as a minimal VPS), then I would suggest a more robust server, especially if one expects a lot of traffic.

Nancy