[support] Menu.

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Tue Mar 1 09:03:07 UTC 2011

On 01 Mar 2011, at 8:46 AM, Eric Sepich wrote:

> Thanks for the advice. I tried an example. I created an admin page
> and set per node permissions to admin only to view content. I then
> logged out and logged in as regular user. There was the tab I
> created on the menu for admin page! When I clicked on it "access
> denied"......

I thought you said in a previous post that you were explicitly *not*
looking for that behavior?

What you want to do is create a new menu,
call it 'restricted' and add whatever menu items you want below it,
configure the admin/structure/block and place it where you want,
and configure it show block for specific roles (e.g. administrator)

I was mistaken about the content types: all node content (blog, page,
even if you create a restricted type) will appear on the menu for all
users with permission to view nodes. However, forum menus do not
appear when users without view forum permissions log in. At least that
was how it worked for me on D6.

Apologies for any confusion. ;)