[support] Nice Menus.. Newbie Question

Moses Elias (2) iom at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 1 19:42:56 UTC 2011

After you install the nice menu module,  you can replace the following
php line in your page.tpl.php file, and change it from:

<?php print theme('links', $primary_links) ?>

<?php $output['content'] = theme_nice_menu_primary_links(); ?>
<?php print $output['content']; ?>

This will theme and print out your primary links appropriately.

Also remember to adjust the cascading sub-links, and make the primary
links their immediate parents in the menus section, by indenting them at
the correct level accordingly.

If you want to theme the nice menus css file separately, you can copy
your nice_menus_default.css file to your theme directory, but also
remember to add it to your theme.info so it's picked up by and overrides
the default by adding the following line:

stylesheets[all][] = nice_menus_default.css

And put it before the styles.css line.

This will allow you to override the default styles.

This should get you started.

Regards!