[support] Saving and Retreiving Form Data

adept techlists - kazar techlists at ade.pt
Sat Mar 5 13:54:44 UTC 2011

On 3/3/11 9:56 PM, Austin Einter wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a requirement, where I need to have a form and expected fields
> are -
> Name
> Contact number
> Email ID
> Resume (File upload)
> I hope we can create this form either by using CCK or by Webform.
> Once user enters the data, I want to save these data to a table in
> database. Later point of time I will retreive the data from database
> for showing in same form.
> Now my questions are -
> 1. How do I save the data (from above fields such as name, contact
> number, email id, resume file) to database.
> 2. How do I retreive the data from database at a later point of time.
> Given the number of database related operations needs to be performed,
> I am looking forward the execution speed should be faster. From this
> point perspective, which module you will suggest the CCK for Webform.

Why not just add fields to the user's account profile? This way the info
can be retrieved and updated by them (or viewed/edited by site admin or
other users depending on permissions)

If you upgrade to Drupal 7 you can add fields to the user profile (see
"Administer User Profile" http://drupal.org/node/874026 ). This is part
of the core install and requires no further modules.

For Drupal 6 there is the Profile module (see http://drupal.org/node/23710 )

have fun,
kazar