[support] .htaccess error

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 17 18:54:36 UTC 2011

Sagar Kadam wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting error message while posting articles :
>  Warning: file_put_contents(public:///.htaccess): failed to open
> stream: "DrupalPublicStreamWrapper::stream_open" call failed in
> file_create_htaccess() (line 507 of /var/www/includes/file.inc).
> the log entry:

In the sites directory containing your settings.php file there is a
directory named file that needs to be writable by your apache or httpd
processes.  Typically this is this is done by chmod -R 777
sites/default/files if default contains the settings.php file for your
site.  If the files directory doesn't exist then you need to create it.

> Security warning: Couldn't write .htaccess file. Please create a
> .htaccess file in your public:// directory which contains the
> following lines:
> SetHandler Drupal_Security_Do_Not_Remove_See_SA_2006_006
> Options None
> Options +FollowSymLinks

This is the contents of the .htaccess file that is being written to
directory files.

> Though I have .htaccess file in my base directory.

Each directory can have its own .htaccess file with differing permissions.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com