[support] Drupal sites in different languages

Andre Durudas durudasa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:37:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am relatively new to Drupal and I am trying to set up a site in two
different languages. I would be more than happy to hear some recommendations
how to best proceed on this.

Do I need to set up two nodes for every page, one in language 1 and one in
language 2, and then link them? Or do I create the site in one language and
copy everything on it and translate it to the second language?

I saw that there are some modules, even one that comes with Drupal, but they
all sound like they "just" translate the user interface. I don't care so
much about that, for me the most important thing are the content and maybe
the menus.

Any insights are greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks,
Andre