[support] Views help

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Fri Mar 25 14:44:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:18:57 -0500
"Joel Willers" <joel.willers at sigler.com> wrote:

> If I have a View and want a certain sort order, how would you guys approach
> it?  My solution is to just break it apart in the tpl.php file, but I’m
> curious if there’s a better way.
>
> So let’s say we have days of the week (just an example, could be other
> items, but this seems universally available).  I can’t sort alphabetically,
> I need it to be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc.

There are many variables you didn't specify, so I'm going with the most common
denominators.  This is untested, so the details may need tweaking, but one
option is that you can include the actual date field as part of your "Fields",
specify that it be "Exclude(d) from display" (when you configure it), and use
it for your "Sort criteria".

--
Jason Flatt
Custom Website development solutions: http://www.oadaeh.net/