[support] HTML e-mail (was Re: Chaos Tool installation problem)

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon May 9 13:24:33 UTC 2011

Thank you, Kazar, for your defense. But actually, I do use Yahoo mail because
Yahoo bought Bellsouth's email several years ago (fortunately, because I've
moved several times and it is a pain to switch when one has so much invested in
an email address).

Yes, I had to study to find out how to switch, even though it is rather obvious
now. But the main point is that if Yahoo receives HTML mail, it wants to send
HTML; and likewise with plain text. So if plain text is what the "list" wants,
it should send that. Since the list sends in HTML, I, therefore take it that the
list wants HTML.

These Drupal lists often contain code snippets, which are frequently formatted
to distinguish them from descriptive text. Plain text removes that distinction
and can make the whole post more difficult to read.

Nancy

________________________________

From: adept techlists - kazar

sivaji j.g wrote:
> Please refrain from sending HTML e-mail to lists. It is not
> *recommended*,  often discouraging to read your reply though it is
> valuable. I hope the list moderators will look into it (if anyone
> around).
This is a losing battle. If mailing lists are offered as support forums
for the public, it must be recognized that many, if not most, email
programs by default send html or rtf emails, or they are using web email
such as gmail or yahoo

Anyway, the person you chose to pick on does use Yahoo mail