[support] url alias and path auto

sivaji j.g sivaji2009 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:32:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Guillermo Garron <ggarron at alketech.com> wrote:

> Here it goes: I'm having two issues one is, that even using url alias
> and pathauto modules (Drupal 6) I can still access my post with two
> different (or more) urls.

Works as designed :-)

> here an example.
>
> /node/5
>
> /node/5/3945

Is /node/5/3945 a recognized internal path in your drupal ?

Drupal menu system works like this, if url /node/5/3945 doesn't
exists, it will try for /node/5. This will be repeated until it finds
a valid url or page not found will be reported.

Try /node/5/x/y/z eventually this will resolve to /node/5

It could be a problem if you could access node from internal path
node/5 and alias path node/content-5. You need global redirect module
to make it always accessible from alias path.

--
Sivaji