[support] Ban "Join my network on LinkedIn"

David Lubkin lubkin at lubkin.net
Wed May 18 14:04:50 UTC 2011

Nancy wrote:

>I suggest that blanket invitations like this get the user
>automatically dropped from the list.

Toni screwed up. LinkedIn encourages users to send boilerplate invites
to everyone in their address book, which is a bad idea on several levels.

But spamming the list wasn't intentional. I'd allow everyone one mistake,
for which they apologize:

>Hi am sorry, I didn't know that I was sending to the support list.
>Linkedin just
>ask to scan my email for connections, inadvertently I said yes but didn't
>know I have the support list.

rather than one and you're out. Particularly on a support list, where there
will be less-experienced participants who may need coaching in
netiquette.

-- David.