[support] Install fonts

Warren Vail warren at vailtech.net
Thu May 19 21:28:51 UTC 2011

Maybe there is something I'm missing about your question, but it is my
understanding that actual fonts are provided by the client operating system
and it's browser(s), using your html and/or CSS as a guide, and I don't
believe many O/S's will allow you to cause them to be uploaded because of
the potential for abuse.

One work around however is to use php's GD modules to turn the text into an
image (using your font) and cause that image to be displayed.  Disadvantages
would be processing time to generate the image (you wouldn't want to do this
with each page fetch unless there was some overriding reason like changing
text).   Another disadvantage is that the image contents will NOT be scanned
by search engines to index the text contained in it (some may scan alt
text).

Hope this helps,

Warren Vail

  _____