[support] SQL Query - "LIKE" usage

Liviu Nicolicioiu liviu.nicolicioiu at epoint.ro
Fri May 20 09:04:11 UTC 2011

Try this:

db_query('SET @select_ip="%s"', db_escape_string($ip));
db_query('SELECT name, id, lft, rgt FROM resubmt_skill_ids AS node
WHERE ( node.name LIKE CONCAT_WS( "", "%%", @select_ip, "%%" )") ORDER
BY node.lft')

Liviu.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> The problem is not the "s."  You wanted a "%" to be in the query. The
> corrects way to do that, as the API doc states, is with "%%". That's why it
> worked when you changed it.
>

> Nancy
>

> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.
>
> ________________________________
> From: Austin Einter
>
> str = SELECT name, id, lft, rgt FROM resubmt_skill_ids AS node WHERE (
> node.name LIKE "%sip%") ORDER BY node.lft
>
> On debugging, looks the query went as
> SELECT name, id, lft, rgt FROM resubmt_skill_ids AS node WHERE ( node.name
> LIKE "ip%") ORDER BY node.lft
>
> Then I changed the query to
>
> SELECT name, id, lft, rgt FROM resubmt_skill_ids AS node WHERE ( node.name
> LIKE "%%sip%") ORDER BY node.lft
> Above query returns expected records.
>
> My question is , when a token starts with "s", we will be facing above
> issue.
> What is the best way to resolve it.

regards, mit freundlichen Grüßen, cu stima,
Liviu Nicolicioiu

Chief Technichal Officer
______________________________

epoint - consulting + development

Vacarescu 7 300182 Timisoara Romania

email: liviu.nicolicioiu at epoint.ro
skype: nicolicioiu.liviu
mobile: +40 / 745/ 560 322
fax: +40 / 256 / 407 147
www.epoint.ro

"reliable solutions. delivered."
This message and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee(s). Any publication, transmission or other
use of the information by a person or entity other than the intended
addressee is prohibited. If you receive this in error please contact
the sender and delete the material. The sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions as a result of the transmission.