[support] Drupal 7/Postgres integration

mark bradley gopearls42 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:03:25 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've installing Drupal 7 on a server with the database running on a remote
server. When I try and go through the installation script I get the
following message:

Failed to connect to your database server. The server reports the following
message: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server: Permission denied
Is the server running on host "hubdb-dev" and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?.

interestingly, I can connect to the database server from the command-line on
the same system:

[root at hubweb-dev corp-site]# psql -U corp-site -h hubdb-dev corpsitedb
Password for user corp-site:
Welcome to psql 8.1.23, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

corpsitedb=>