[support] Drupal 7/Postgres integration

mark bradley gopearls42 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:10:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it
> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2011 21:10:32 -0400
> mark bradley <gopearls42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I've upgraded to PostgreSQL 8.4 now (yeah, I read the docs
> > again :) ) but I'm still getting the same error.
> >
> > When I tcpdump at the database server (a different host), I don't
> > see any traffic (however when I use psql from the command like I
> > do see the traffic).
> >
> > Is there a log file generated during the install process that I
> > could check?
>
> psql connects through sockets, Drupal (was used to?) connect through
> tcp.
> Give a look to pg_hba.conf for connection permission.
> PHP had (has?) a problem and if you really want to have a socket
> connection you had to skip "host=localhost" in the connection string.
> Drupal is using a completely new DB abstraction layer and this may
> not be needed anymore.
>
> --
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> http://www.webthatworks.it

Hi Ivan,

In my psql command-line test I'm actually connecting over TCP since it's
between two hosts.

Just to clarify, I have two servers -- 'web' and 'db' (so really my string
would be host="db" if I was setting it manually). Using psql I can connect
to the database from either host so I'm fairly confident in my pg_hba file.

When I'm going through the install script I do not see any TCP traffic to
port 5432 on either server (but when I'm using psql I do see the traffic).

Do you know if the install script produces a log that can be used for
debugging?

Thanks,
Mark