[support] Multi sites and /etc/hosts

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu May 26 13:24:56 UTC 2011

Well, I can't imagine a host that doesn't want a new account. That's what the /hosts file means to them. However, to most hosts, the ability to change that file means "reseller" for which there is a different fee structure.

That being said, however, my hosting company doesn't even know when I add new domains to my portfolio. I get my domains through GoDaddy and point them to my host's DNS's. Then I go to cPanel and create a new subdomain. Then create a new folder for the new domain under public_html/sites and I'm ready. The host never even knew I did it.

Nancy
(781) 697-6344

From: Roger