[support] superfish / parent menu item with no link?

adept techlists - kazar techlists at ade.pt
Tue May 31 13:57:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone -- I am crash-coursing on Drupal 7 using the Danland theme,
which incorporates Superfish.

One of my Main Menu items (a.k.a Primary LInks in Drupal6-ese) is
"About". Submenus under About are "Our Mission", "Our Team" etc.

I have the submenus working fine, but I'm having a problem in that in
the Menus setup I can't make an About menu item on the top level that
links to NO page because the Path is a required field. I only want the
submenus to have links.

I have tried making About point to the same node as Our Mission. But
then the problem is that in Firefox 4 a hover over the top-level menus
does not drop the sub-menus. A click on the top-level menu is required.
This has the effect of putting the user on the Our Mission page instead
(after the submenu items briefly show & then disappear again). Then they
have to click on About again to drop the submenus but after some sort of
js (or something) processing the submenus close up after a split second.

So. Is there either any way to make Superfish submenus work in FF4 (by
"work" I mean drop upon hover) OR is there a way to have a parent item
(i.e., in the top-level Main Menu) with no path entered?

thanks,

kazar