[support] MySQL noob: Update images to gallery tid

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Tue Nov 1 18:00:46 UTC 2011

Aw, c'mon Nancy, I always backup before doing anything. And I'm only
toying around on a 'test' copy on the server, anyway.

I'm a sysadmin and reluctant web designer. Not a programmer or php/
mysql guru. I think I understand separate INSERT statements. But there
are so many doors I could unlock with this magic key....

JK. But it would be useful. And none of the basic tutorials seem to
cover this.

Besides, you have no idea how slow and flaky (not to mention
expensive) my internet connection is. It will take me at least 2 hours
to do them individually through Drupal. An hour, probably, if I do
each INSERT manually. And 10 minutes if I can batch them.

My ignorance notwithstanding: is there actually a problem with just
mass updating the term_node table? I can't see that any other tables
relate to that directly?

On 01 Nov 2011, at 7:16 PM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann wrote:

> If you must do it manually, you are safer doing separate INSERT
> statements.
>
> But, since you say you are unfamiliar with the Drupal database, I
> strongly recommend doing it through the Drupal user interface to
> avoid damaging your database.
>
> Nancy
>
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin
> L. King, Jr.

Jeff Brown

Tel:+27-74-101 5170
Fax:+27-86-532 3508