[support] Is there a module that creates "Books" Similar to RoboHelp projects?

Alamo, Al Al.Alamo at ssa.ocgov.com
Tue Nov 1 20:23:02 UTC 2011

I am currently working on an Intranet project in which we use RoboHelp for on-line manuals connected to a single source document system.  Our goal is to replace the system within Drupal, so that content contributors will be able to add and modify on-line manuals right in Drupal.  RoboHelp for those that are not familiar with the interface creates a GUI with a left navigation system and 3 tabs that show content, and Index of key words (vocabulary terms), and a search, that allows the end-user to search that particular manual.  Many Help systems use this type of interface.

This interface is essentially what Books is in Core, and what the contributed module Easy Books offer, with more bells and whistles to it.  I am wondering if anyone has created a contributed module that puts it all together, or if we will have to build something from scratch.  Or team has expertise with HTML. CSS, .Net, JavaScript, and classic ASP, but unfortunately we are just starting out with PHP.

Looking forward to your ideas and thoughts.