[support] Looking for (just) one, good, complete example of Varnish3+Drupal7 configuration

dtwork.7 at mailbolt.com dtwork.7 at mailbolt.com
Wed Nov 2 17:41:29 UTC 2011

I've been considering putting Varnish3 in front of Drupal7.

I've scoured scads of snippets of inconsistent/incomplete/outdated
information from the HighPerformance group, the FourKitchens wiki, the
Varnish wiki, the Drupal Varnish module threads, countless blogs,
BadCamp presentations, various mailing lists, etc.

If there's a "good" setup documented out there, I have yet to find it.

Is there one, complete, example out there that anyone can point to?

Specifically, a known-to-work Varnish3 VCL + Drupal7 modules (not
Varnish2, Drupal6, PressflowN, or MercuryX), module configs, &
settings.php, and/or overrides that will correctly handle registered &
anonymous caching, cookies, sessions, etc?