[support] Using Git

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 7 17:34:12 UTC 2011

Yes, very frustrated. I just want to maintain my modules. I could do that in CVS; I can't in Git. I don't use Eclipse, so I suspect your suggestion won't help much, but thanks.

Nancy

>________________________________

that.

>I use EGit on my eclipse environment and
find it pretty intuitive to check in changes, branch and tag.  It’s also
really handy for easily switching between branches when you need to support
multiple dev branches on the same core tree.

>I’d be happy to help you get that
set up, but unfortunately the problem with Gui’s is there are too many of
them to develop sane documentation for it. I just don’t know or use
msysgit, so I’m sorry I can’t help you there.

>Dave
>

>________________________________

8:32 PM
>To: support drupal
>Subject: [support] Using Git
>
>I have
downloaded msysgit.
>	1. It has a GUI built-in, so why does everyone list command line stuff? I was dragged, kicking and screaming, into the GUI world and really don't want to go back, especially when I have to type in really long file locations and arcane parameters.
>	2. All I want to do is commit (CVS term) my changed code to D.O. I don't need a lot of other fancy stuff.
>	3. How do I get my 6.x code into my D7 sites/all/modules, convert it, and save it back as a 7.x version?
>Secondarily,
I need to use it for patches to other modules.

>Yes, I
have been looking at the tutorials on D.O. Seriously, do you think an old blond
like me understands all that with limited to no explanations on what I am
doing?

>Nancy
>
>Injustice
anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.