[support] Facebook integration

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Fri Nov 18 11:23:17 UTC 2011

C'mon guys, cough up the secrets! ;)

Here's the basic functionality I need to achieve. I think I can hack it:

http://www.jejane.co.za/sites/default/files/images/jejane_proto3.png

Please tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree!

Not sure what to do with the F & T icons on the Login at this point,
except direct straight to the "Social" page on the site... There won't
be a FB login, as there are 3 controlled access levels: Director,
Member, and Fan.

But I really would like to know if there is any other functionality I
can include? Any tips, tricks, ideas?

Pretty please? :)

On 18 Nov 2011, at 12:04 PM, Jeff Brown wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What are the reasonable limits to Facebook integration of a Page in
> Drupal?
>
> I've seen the demo of http://drupal.org/project/fb - but the app. is
> overkill. I simply need to integrate a closed interest group's
> private page stream into their Drupal site.
>
> Ideally I'd love to have pictures posted on the page scraped into
> the website's gallery, but I think that's stretching it?
>
> Since the Page needs credentials from a member, and as far as I can
> tell, to pull a page-stream one has to also register as a Facebook
> API developer, I'd like to know:
>
> * is it feasible?
>
> Also
>
> Twitter seems fairly simple (http://drupal.org/project/twitter), and
> I'd just have their feed in the RH Sidebar on the same 'Social' page.
>
> * what do you think is a reasonable time estimate to quote for both?
>
> Hope you can help. Any clues, tips and caveats greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA

Jeff Brown

Tel:+27-74-101 5170
Fax:+27-86-532 3508