[support] using node reference, title to place images in blog posts

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:28:20 UTC 2011

We are using the CCK nodereference module on several page types on our
site. This means that when someone wants to add an image or other media
file to a page, they type the Node ID, or the beginning of the node title,
into an appropriate field. Then, using what I have always assumed was
JavaScript, the module either digs up the relevant image, or a list of
potential images from which the correct image can be double-clicked and
inserted.

How do we enable this behavior if we are using Islandora? Do we create faux
media nodes? How are Fedora media assets best integrated with actual pages?

Alternatively, am I misunderstanding what Islandora is doing? Is there
something in the Islandora ingest process that already creates a faux node,
so that one can either address an object using the Fedora PID and
appropriate URL; or, can reference it from within Drupal using a Drupal
node ID?

Thanks,
Ari Davidow