[support] Prevent access to original images

Peter Anderson list at panda.id.au
Sat Oct 1 13:43:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I want to allow my users to upload photos from their digital cameras. I
will use Image Styles to resize and watermark the photos to display in
galleries, etc. I then want to prevent access to the original,
full-size, non-watermarked photos; but even using a private file system
with the directory set outside the web root folder, it seems the
original photos are still accessible if you know (or can guess) the URL...

Is there any possible way to prevent anyone accessing the original
photos, but allow full access to the image style derivatives?

--
Kind regards,
Peter Anderson.