[support] Drupal 7 Bartik and Garland themes

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 4 10:27:49 UTC 2011

As per
http://opensourcecms.pro/drupal/howto-drupal-7-sub-theme-creation-step-by-step/

I copied both Bartik and Garland default themes over to
/sites/all/themes renamed them and made the alterations to .info file
and the template.php file as per the tut and the themes worked out of
the box.

I unthinkingly went to settings in the /sites/all/theme/bartik2 and
garland2 to alter the footer color in Bartik2 and the blue header in
Garland2 and the themes are now dead, they will not load. WSOD.

If I ?q=admin and change the theme back to default Bartik , Garland or
other themes these work as expected.

I did note with the Bartik theme that I added engine=phptemplate and
that seemed to kill it so I deleted the line but it does not reinstate.
I  have flushed caches in <Performance> and with drush flushed all
caches, deleted browser history and have run out of ideas.
Is there a trick or some thing I'm missing.

I need a clean 3 column fluid width theme with no borders or edges and
simple template and css files, I find the garland theme easy enough but
the Bartik theme is very complicated, more than I need.

I would greatly appreciate help on understanding the issues and how to
fix for the future.
Cheers
Roger