[support] Ubercart Google Analytics Integration

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:36:56 UTC 2011

I have a D6 site where we just installed Ubercart Google Analytics
Integration. In GA I see that 5 sales have been made. It says that two
sales came from third party referrals, but I happen to know that those
5 people who purchased this week, did so from a link we sent them in
an email. We know that because there are no published links (anywhere)
to this product. The only way a person could find this URL is via our
emails. Not to mention that we emailed these particular people the
link and then they purchased.

My guess is that two of these people somehow got to the site via a
referrer, and then contacted us and we sent the link and they clicked
that and purchased. So GA feels that since they initially found the
site via a referrer and then eventually bought, the referrer thus gets
"credit" for that sale.

I suppose that's logical, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any other
information or experiences to share on this subject. This data of
which referrers send paying customers seems like it will be quite
valuable.

Thanks,
Fred