[support] A file upload page on my site..

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 5 09:25:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am far from the worlds greatest programmer so not at all sure how to do
this..

I want to create a page that will allow particular roles to simply upload a
.pdf file to a configured directory on the server.. I have content_access
installed so access control shouldn't be a problem..

What I am not sure how to do is create the field on the page for the upload
and tell it where to save the file..

I have the plupload module loaded for use with the media module to create a
gallery.. So since this is there already the ultimate would be to use this
in a page but have the uploaded files go where I want them rather than
the default Drupal files directory.. If this is quite complicated though I
would be happy with a simple field that I can choose a file and hit upload..

I don't really need a content type for this because I only need the one page
so really just looking for a way to put code directly into a page without
breaking something badly.. :)

Code examples most appreciated.. :)

TIA