[support] Problem with fcgid, suexec and multisite Drupal6 sites

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 5 12:35:23 UTC 2011

On 5 October 2011 10:46, Rolf Kutz <rk at vzsze.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for security reasons, I'm trying to migrate some
> Drupal sites from apache mod_php to cgi-php, with
> fcgid and suexec. This works well for normal sites
> and multisite Drupal7 installations. It' not
> working for a multisite Drupal6 installation, I
> get the installer instead of the actual site. Any
> ideas what could be wrong?
>
> regards
> Rolf
>

> Rolf,

Depending on your needs and setup you might get a better result from staying
with mod_php but switching apache to use the MPM-ITK module (instead of
MPM-prefork that you are probably using).. With it you won't need suexec and
a single line in the apache virtual host configuration will have that site
running under that user..