[support] was Sup Dig 106. Now:Found what breaks drupal7

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 5 22:19:59 UTC 2011

On 05/10/11 23:00, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
>> Next time you'll backup your database first, eh?;)
>> >
>> >  As said previously, it's probably not a great idea to modify core
>> >  themes.
>> >
>> >  But anyway, I just tested your scenario and can't reproduce it.
>> >
>> >  Here's what I did: copied the Garland theme to sites/all/themes/test
>> >  moved garland.info to test.info
>> >  replaced all instances of the word "garland" with "test" in
>> >  theme-settings.php, template.php and test.info
>> >
>> >  Importantly (I think) I commented out the line "package = Core" in
>> >  test.info. ;D
>> >
> Thanks for trying.
> That's what I did in the first instance, it worked briefly then failed,
> Did not change anything.
> Strangely I could reproduce the failure each time using the same database.
> New database and the problem went away until I changed the colours, then
> same failure occurred.
> Fortunately it's a dev database so it doesn't matter if basic "stufff"
> gets lost.
>    I've installed another theme that seems to be very good for the purpose.
> thank you
> Roger

I subsequently find that the fault seems to not be in a single Drupal 7
install where Garland is copied and renamed to /sites/all/themes/newname
and the files changed as above.

It seems to be a multi sites problem.
Experimentation indicates that in the multi site set up I can set
another site to read the theme but it's dead in the original theme.
Roger