[support] understanding per-node permissions

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:47:20 UTC 2011

Hi all:

I put in a request associated with the Content Access module, here,
http://drupal.org/node/1305862, but I would also like to ask for
general advice.  I'm hoping to add per-node, per-user,
"administrative" rights.  The Content Access module thinks in terms of
'view', 'update', and 'delete' permissions, but 'update' permissions
does not extend to administration of per-node ACLs.  Furthermore,
Drupal itself seems to think this way as well, per

http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/modules--node--node.api.php/function/hook_node_access_records/7

However, as a node creator or superuser, I have the Content Access tab
on "my" nodes.

Rather than trying to introduce a new permission called 'administer',
might it make more sense for me to just make sure that users who have
the 'delete' permission also get the full Content Access tab?  And how
might I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance,
Joe