[support] D7: hold a library?

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Fri Oct 14 15:21:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have a collection of hundreds of PDF books.

They are "real ebooks", not handscript scans, so they are easily indexable.

For the moment, I store them on the filesystem and use the system
indexer in order to make fulltext searches.

I would like to put them in a CMS and:
- The CMS would index them (requires the CMS to have a module to read PDF)
- I could add comments, tags,
- I could link to some chapters (when possible if the PDF has a TOC)

Will Drupal 7 be a solution for me?
In order to read the PDFs, is there a module you recommend?
In order to manage an ebook library, is there a module you recommend?

Thank you.

--
RMA.