[support] community of shared feature-repositories?

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 04:34:12 UTC 2011

Hello,

Don't think it exists yet, but does anyone know if there is an online
community-website-tool for sharing, voting/reviewing and downloading
user-contributed Features? [as apposed to fully-approved and maintained
Projects]

I know people submit modules, and I know people submit code to places
like Git-Hub. But a module is inherently a very different mind-set than
a Feature [even if the code it makes might be the same].

Nearly 90% of what we make [if not more] has been done before, and its
interesting/useful to see how others have done the same thing.

A shared-Feature would be just: "this is what I did, take it or leave
it, maybe its useful to you". Whereas a Module is an implementation of
something, usually with an admin-menu page, a maintainer, issue queue etc.

Granted, There are also sandboxes:

http://drupal.org/node/1011196

But I can't see how to browse sandboxes that others have made, review
them, rate them, see how popular they are etc.

Plus the fact that it is called "experimental" implies half finished, or
not done, and thus "broken" when really someone might have done a great
set of Views, and Content Types together which is inherently "done" as a
basis and others can build from it...

Am I just missing a link to an existing resource? Or does this sort of
thing just not exist (yet)?

Thanks for all your time and thoughts on the mater,

Sebastian.