[support] Accessing non-drupal tables with Views?

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Oct 21 23:04:08 UTC 2011

You would have to write a views integration module to do this (expose
the data) to your module. Normally I'd point you to the views 3 api
documentation, but that doesn't appear to have been written yet. If
you're interested in this approach you might try filing a support
request asking how different the views 3 api is from the views 2 api
which is documented.

You might also take a look at project forena, which is written as a more
general report writing engine.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
I'm the maintainer of the forena module.