[support] User Role from User Points

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 02:48:40 UTC 2011

If you are working with PHP/custom module development, then I would say
you want to track the variable/attribute field of the user that is
storing their points, and then a trigger. When a certain trigger happens
[like node save] check the user's points and if they are above a certain
constant number, then change their role. This can all be done using
various hooks in the Drupal API.

I have no idea if all this can be done with the Rules-module, what I was
suggesting above is to do it directly in code.

Can't give you specific information as there are many steps involved
here to many different hooks, but your question is also not very
specific yet either.
:-)

Best,

S.