[support] Accessing non-drupal tables with Views?

Gregg Marshall mimlist at repconnection.com
Sun Oct 23 18:19:45 UTC 2011

Take a look at Table Wizard (http://drupal.org/project/tw).  Assuming your
tables have been defined with a schema it does a reasonable job letting you
expose a table to views.  I started with that until I wanted to relate to a
node.  In theory you can define the node table and then do a relation, but
in practice when I did it so confused views that you couldn't create a node
view any more, it had replaced node views with array (pretty sure it was a
bug, but I didn't feel like finding/fixing it).  If you don't need a
relationship to nodes, Table Wizard might be what you want.

Gregg