[support] BBOX2FieldsInsideForm

Tomas KLIMENT tomas.kliment at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:52:13 UTC 2011

Dear list,

I've just subscribed to this mailing list with need to ask somebody for an
advice.
I've been working with Drupal since 1 month in order to create sort of
metadata (MD) editor for my stakeholders and have encountered one problem,
which I could not solve so far using web resources searching.
One part of the MD editor - Drupal form has to provide to the metadata
producer a field to define Geographic Bounding Box definition by drawing
such a box on the map and fill 4 bounds fields (North, East, South and
West).
An example of such a functionality is shown in figure below (INSPIRE
Geoportal):

I am using Drupal version 6, and found similar functionality in the taxonomy
terms definition, where within the particular term definition one might
define also its geographical bounds as
is shown in figure below:

My question is whether I can implement such a function inside the form, to
get bounds to similar fields as above. This has to be done by user who is
describing his dataset?

I found also module, which might solve this problem for me most probably
(GeoField - http://drupal.org/project/geofield), however it's implementation
only for Drupal 7. And actually
I'm not sure whether even this module might fulfil my requirements.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who might give my any feedbacks,
recommendations, hints ...

I wish you nice week,

Tomas

Ing. Tomas Kliment

Contact information:

Private:
Juzna 4, 04801 Roznava, Slovakia
Tel: +421 907 232019
e-mail: tomas.kliment at gmail.com
www: http://about.me/klimeto

Work:
Slovak University of Technology
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Department of Theoretical Geodesy
Radlinskeho 11, block A, 5th floor
813 68 Bratislava 15, Slovakia
Tel: +421 259274 297
e-mail: tomas.kliment at stuba.sk
Position: Doctoral student

Intership:
The National Research Council
Institute of ecosystem study
Largo Vittorio Tonolli, 50-52
28922 Pallanza Verbania, Piemonte, Italy
Position: Junior Researcher - held under
the Institute of Marine Science based in Venice
Tel: +39 389 4955 954