[support] Structuring a menu where there's no parent

DTH david at hartster.org
Tue Oct 25 11:05:16 UTC 2011

Am assuming I'm being a bit obtuse, but effectively I want my menu to look like:

---Events
-------Event 1
-------Event 2
-------Event 3
---Contact etc

This will be a dropdown menu, so when people mouseover Events, they
see the dropdown of Event 1/Event 2/Event 3. This is all fine.
However, there is no content for an Events page itself, and if someone
clicks on Events, they should be taken by to the Event 1 page.

What's the neatest way of doing this? I could create a "blank" Events
page and then redirect somehow (custom module/global redirect?) to
Event1, but this seems slightly hacky. Is there an alternative.

I'm using D7.