[support] Passing value from webform to read-only field on redirected page.

Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design Jessica at halodigitaldesign.com
Fri Oct 28 14:30:58 UTC 2011

I'm a somewhat green developer (I have RPG programming experience) and I'm working on a website for a baseball association. I am developing it from the ground up, including registration which is where I'm having my issues.
Parents need to register their children for the upcoming season. I need to create views from those registrations to set up the rest of the content on the website (rosters, etc)
I have set up the parents as content profiles and children as nodes, referencing their parents. Easy enough (now that it's done!)
I created the baseball registration pages using uc_event_registration with the content type of paid event.
I added a webform to the product page for the parent to select their own child and complete checkout, and I thought I had really accomplished something until I realized that I was not able to access that data with Views.
Monday, upon realizing this wonderful gem of information while I was trying to set up a view of all of the children who were registered (all test data), I worked on a solution for 20 hours straight and made no forward progress besides loading dozens of additional modules which were useless to me.
I have a solution worked out in my head that I know will work because of an accidental experiment on Monday, On the content type for the event registration page I placed a node reference field with a view to select children of the logged in user, not realizing that wasn't going to show up on the product page itself (I was tired, what can I say?), but instead, took the first value from the list and added it to the product page an a read only field. Lo and behold, I was able to access that field with Views!
Today I created a webform which will allow a parent to choose one of their children and upon submit, will redirect to the registration page. My issue is I don't know how to pass that value (the child's name) to a read only field on the product page.
Another option would be to add CCK fields to an Ubercart product page, but I can't seem to figure that one out, either.
If you at all understand what I'm trying to do and feel like taking pity on me before I give myself a concussion from beating my head on my screen, I would VERY much appreciate it. I don't often wave a white flag, but I'm days away from the deadline and I can't create any of the other Views as they depend on the child's registration info.
Thanks!

Jessica Hannan
815-545-5541
http://www.HaloDigitalDesign.com