[support] Drupal multi sites

Warren Vail warren at vailtech.net
Thu Sep 1 18:37:11 UTC 2011

Are you saying you are using the Drupal Multi-site feature for providing
Test and Dev sites?

I'm guessing you are not using the multi-site feature where multiple domains
can run from the same set of source files, which would mean make one change
and it affects all your domains, especially a bad change.

I set up multiple copies of the source code (and a separate database) for
each of my dev/test sites then set each up as a subdomain of my domain
(subdomains don't require additional registrations), i.e.
dev01.mydomain.com, dev02.mydomain.com.  With each site having their own
copy of the code(or database), changes to dev01 only affect dev01. (this is
not using the multi-site feature).

Warren Vail