[support] support Digest, Vol 105, Issue 27

Benj Fredrick benj.fredrick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:10:49 UTC 2011

This is from the 'examples/example.aliases.drush.php' file that ships with
drush:

 * Aliases are commonly used to define short names for
 * local or remote Drupal installations; however, an alias
 * is really nothing more than a collection of options.
 * A canonical alias named "dev" that points to a local
 * Drupal site named "dev.mydrupalsite.com" looks like this:
 *
 *   $aliases['dev'] = array(
 *     'root' => '/path/to/drupal',
 *     'uri' => 'dev.mydrupalsite.com',
 *   );
 *
 * With this alias definition, then the following commands
 * are equivalent:
 *
 *   $ drush @dev status
 *   $ drush --root=/path/to/drupal --uri=dev.mydrupalsite.com status
 *
 * Any option that can be placed on the drush commandline
 * can also appear in an alias definition.
 *
 * There are several ways to create alias files.
 *
 *   + Put each alias in a separate file called ALIASNAME.alias.drushrc.php
 *   + Put multiple aliases in a single file called aliases.drushrc.php
 *   + Put groups of aliases into files called GROUPNAME.aliases.drushrc.php

check out the example file for more details :) (with aliases, you can "be"
anywhere on your system and run drush commands)

-Benj