[support] support Digest, Vol 105, Issue 36

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 20 23:59:24 UTC 2011

Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 03:42:28 -0400
> From: Kenneth Jacker<khj at be.cs.appstate.edu>
> Subject: Re: [support] Menu problems Drupal 7
> To:support at drupal.org
>
>    roger>  When creating a content there is menu selector at the bottom
>    roger>  that allows placement of the content into a selected menu. This
>    roger>  menu selector provides only<--Main-->  and is no guarantee that
>    roger>  the choice will indeed display in the menu
>
>    cw>>  This is now in the content type settings.
>    cw>>  Visit admin/structure/types/manage/TYPENAME to select available menus.
>
> I must be missing something here ...
>
> When I go to that page (e.g., admin/structure/types/manage/page), I see
> what appears to be a way to change the general elements of the "page"
> content type --- not a way to change on which menu (e.g., "Navigation")
> a specific page (e.g., "About") appears.
>
> Any further help/clarification is appreciated!

Ah Yes, thank you.
In <Create Content Type> we create the component and in
admin/structure/types/manage/TYPENAME it provides the menu selection
mechanism I was looking for.
So the process would be to create the content type and not select
<Create Menu Item> but instead save then go to
admin/structure/types/manage/TYPENAME and place the content type in the
appropriate menu from there.

Roger