[support] Link Fields

Iain William Wiseman iwiseman at bibble.co.nz
Mon Sep 26 21:49:23 UTC 2011

On 27/09/2011 10:23 a.m., Carl Wiedemann wrote:
> If you setup the virtual hosts, all your paths are identical
> regardless of the domain. Link field should be able to handle this
> just fine.
>
> Carl Wiedemann
> Website design and development consulting
> carl.wiedemann at gmail.com <mailto:carl.wiedemann at gmail.com> | skype: c4rlww

Thanks Carl still struggling

In the link field it expects a URL e.g.

http://demo.localhost/fred.html

Are you saying the protocol and host are ignored by drupal?

If they are not then I cannot see how this solves my problem and it is
probably my lack of apache knowledge.

I currently have two virtual site

http://myIP1/
http://myIP2/

I want to put in a link field into a content type to point to the
document fred.html

If I enter

fred.html

in the link field create content for the content type the link goes to

http://myIP1/?q=fred.html on one box
http://myIP2/?q=fred.html on the other box

Which of course fail because I want no ?q= in the link. What I want is

http://myIP1/fred.html on one box
http://myIP2/fred.html on the other box

Are you say if I enter the server in the link this will automatically be
removed?

I.e. if I don't enter fred.html but instead enter http://myIP1/fred.html
it will work on http://myIP2? When exported and imported into the second
site?