[support] running media_gallery with youtube and vimeo and oembed, (Earnie Boyd)

Daniel Germer daniel at triple5.org
Tue Apr 10 21:12:52 UTC 2012

On 10.04.2012 18:09, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
> […]
> I don't know gardens but maybe you need
> http://drupal.org/project/jcarousel or
> http://drupal.org/project/ddblock to help it along?  There are others,
> I used this search
>
> http://drupal.org/project/modules?filters=bs_project_sandbox%3A0&solrsort=sis_project_release_usage%20desc&text=carousel
Thanks for your answer Earnie, but I am not looking for a slideshow or a
gallery like the ones you propose but an easy way to submit all kinds of
videos from youtube, vimeo and others an make a gallery from that. My
support request was not for a replacement, but for working examples of
exactly this module, media_gallery, this works quite nicely in
drupalgardens and it looks as if the module is also on drupal.org but as
it appears to me, so far this is not quite true. Maybe drupalgardens
just used this module to attract visitors to their site and did not
provide a working version, neither on drupal.org nor as the exported
form from drupalgardens.com

I have come quite a way now, comparing the installed modules in
drupalgardens and standard drupal...

Here is a diff of the stuff that I have tried:
http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=M0ATwrSD

however, even when I install those modules that I was missing, the
functionality is still not there...
this monster!

Anyone else?

Daniel