[support] How to add Link in navigation?

Bala Krishnamurthy bala at ecubeh.com
Thu Apr 12 03:52:12 UTC 2012

I have done it in the past but I don't remember the details exactly. This
is how I remember it vaguely.

1. includes/menu.inc - comment the code and just return TRUE

function menu_path_is_external($path) {
/* Updated by BK 12Sep2011 */
//  return TRUE;
  $colonpos = strpos($path, ':');
  return $colonpos !== FALSE && !preg_match('![/?#]!', substr($path, 0,
$colonpos)) && filter_xss_bad_protocol($path, FALSE) == check_plain($path);
}

2. Add the external menu item / link

3. Change the menu.inc code back to where it was earlier.

Hope it helps, sorry if it does not. If time permits I will take a closer
look later.

Best,
Bala Krishnamurthy
eCubeH Research Labs