[support] Displaying "Who's on line"

steeph ml at mixblog23.de
Fri Apr 13 16:32:54 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 05:48 PM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann wrote:
> I don't know if it shows people after they actually bother to log out,
> but it might. The fact is that the list just has no connection to
> reality. I don't know if actually reading the Session table would be
> any better either.
That's right. But you can set an amount of minutes after the user's last
activity. After this the user isn't displayed as "online" until the next
page is called. Sure, it isn't reality, but most times it's not far from it.

If Roger wants to show such a block, views is my recommendation. If it's
not accurate enough, I have no recommendation. But if hiding admin users
is all that he wants to change about the display provided by core, that
should do it.