[support] Menus beak when editing view

steeph ml at mixblog23.de
Mon Apr 23 07:03:17 UTC 2012

Hi! I have a problem with a D6 site and Views 3.

When saving any view (visiting the edit page and pressing Save or
crating a new one is enough) two menus on the site disappear. But they
only disappear on the front page. The front page is using a custom
tpl.php file with additional regions. But the menues that disappear are
only in the header and footer region wich are the same as on every other
page. I haven't found anything to bring the menus back, except for
replacing the menu database tables with those from a backup. So there
must be something changed in the menues tables when saving a view (other
blocks in these regions still work).

This is happening since I changed the menu entry of a view that was the
sites front page a while back. It was replaced with the new front page,
now they decided that the old front page should be accessible through a
menu item in an other menu. Since I updated the menu entry of this view,
the view's page isn't accessible anyore (Page not found) and the menus
on the new front page disappear. Unfortunately there were other things
changed at the same time so that we don't want to restore a complete
backup (which still wouldn't let do what we want to do, making the old
front page's view accessible again).

I hope I could explain the problem understandable. Does anyone have an
idea what could have caused this and how to fix it? I'd appreciate any hint.