[support] cron overwriting changes

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 10 14:42:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Katie Legere wrote:
> I have inherited a drupal site and decided to put a poll on the front page.
> I moved it in the blocks and it appeared as expected but when the cron runs
> it disappears. Why would this be?

Are you just executing cron.php in your crontab?  Try adding the
Elysia Cron module and controlling the hook_cron implementations
individually until you find the one that is causing the problem.
Executing cron.php itself shouldn't cause this but perhaps the site
has a custom module that does something weird.

--
Earnie