[support] temporarily block login or content editing

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 22 18:13:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel)
<thummel at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
> I want to dump my production database to my development environment; make
> some big changes; and then import it back to production.
>
> Is there a module that will allow you to temporarily block content editing
> or login?  I don't want to put the site in maintenance mode because I want
> it available to anonymous users.  I just don't want my users logging in and
> adding/editing content while I'm working on the DB.

You can always create a custom module to use a hook_user_login
implementation to check if UID is 1 or not, set a message with
drupal_set_message then drupal_goto('logout');  If you're clever
enough you can create a settings page to turn it on and off.

--
Earnie