[support] Please provide the pointers for searching

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 01:27:45 UTC 2012

Hi Drupal Experts
I am bit confused how searching is done using solr.

So far I have come across apache solr 3.6 (running as independent
program) , drupal apache solr module, drupal apache solr file attachment
module and Tika.

My requirement is as below.

I have a custom module, basically it gives a form to users where they can
enter the skill set and upload resume.
I have a search string say "Java, PHP". Two kind of search I am looking at -

1.   In first case, I need to search  for "Java" and "PHP" in skill set
table.
2.   In second case I need to search for "Java" and "PHP" in uploaded
resume.

Sometimes the seacrh string may be a mis-spelled word also. Now using above
modules, how can I acheive the searching.

Kindly give me pointers how can I best utilize solr for searching for my
requirement.

Best Regards
Kamal
NECS, Bangalore